Public record of meeting, 2 February, 2015
Meeting of 2 February, 2015–3 February, 2015
- Dr. Marcello Tonelli (Chair)
- Dr. Richard Birtwhistle (Vice-Chair)
- Dr. Maria Bacchus (By phone/video)
- Dr. Neil Bell
- Dr. Paula Brauer
- Dr. Jim Dickinson
- Dr. Roland Grad
- Dr. Gabriela Lewin (By phone/video)
- Dr. Patricia Parkin (By phone/video)
- Dr. Harminder Singh
- Dr. Brett Thombs
- Dr. Karen Grimsrud
- Dr. Sarah Connor-Gorber
- Ms. Kate Morissette
- Ms. Alejandra Jaramillo (By phone/video)
- Ms. Donna Fitzpatrick- Lewis (By phone/video)
- Dr. Diana Sherifali (By phone/video)
University of Alberta
- Ms.Brandee Borne
- Ms. Kate Collier (By phone/video)
St. Michael’s Hospital
- Dr. Sharon Straus
- Dr. Nadia Bashir
- Dr. Julia Moore
- Ms. Kaylyn Kretschmer
Invited guests and speakers
- Mr. David Rodier
- Ms. M. Joan Keller
- Dr. Kevin Pottie
- Dr. Ainsley Moore
- Ms. Kate Collier
- Dr. Gabriela Lewin
1. Welcome and Introductions
Dr. Tonelli made a motion to approve the October 2014 CTFPHC Meeting Minutes and PROM. This motion was seconded by Dr. Dickinson and unanimously passed. CTFPHC members reviewed the list of action items from October meeting as well as the agenda and expectations for the February 2015 meeting.
2. Knowledge Translation Working Group Update
Dr. Straus provided an update on current CTFPHC KT activities, specifically the publishing of Obesity KT Tools, Clinician Algorithm and Clinician FAQ, Cervical Cancer CME, Patient Engagement, Critical Appraisals, Prostate Cancer screening video, Second Annual Guideline Evaluation and Tools.
3. Hepatitis C Working Group Update
Dr. Grad provided a report on Screening for Hepatitis C, report identified progress of the newly formed working group, Outcomes from several meetings, Cost implications of treatment, Systematic Review, Patient participating ranking of outcomes, Patient will rank their perception of the importance of harms. Focus in guideline is on treatment component.
4. Colorectal Cancer Working Group Report
Dr. Bacchus provided a report on the changes to the recommendations to the Colorectal Cancer screening guideline. CRFPHC members discussed a number of issues and provided feedback on the changes.
5. ERSC Update
Dr. Sherifali advised the members there is nothing to report at this time.
6. University of Calgary Update
Ms. Borne provided a brief update regarding expense claims, SharePoint, sub grant and next FTF meeting dates.
7. Release of the Prevention/Management Adult Obesity Guideline
Mr. Rodier provided a report on the release of the prevention/management adult obesity guideline update on media release.
8. Increasing Uptake of Task Force Products
Dr. Straus provided an overview on how the Task Force can uptake guidelines and increase implementation including strategies for further implementation.
9. Increasing Uptake of Task Force Products continued
Dr. Grad provided a presentation on CPD strategies for primary care practitioners. Discussion focused on need to use multi-component strategies that address barriers.
10. Obesity/diabetes prevention implementation supports
Dr. Brauer talked to the Task Force about CIHR KT grant opportunities to see if there is CTF support for submission. Dr. Brauer volunteered to lead submission preparation.
11. Breakout Sessions
At the end of Day One, the Hepatitis C and Colorectal Cancer Working Groups held brief meetings.
12. Summary and Adjournment
Dr. Tonelli summarized Day One session and reviewed the agenda for Day Two
13. DAY TWO
14. Guideline Timelines
Ms. Kretschmer provided an overview of the Guideline Workgroup Updates and CMAJ Guideline Publications. Ms. Kretschmer will work with CMAJ to develop publication timelines for Cognitive Impairment, Colorectal Cancer, Developmental Delay and Lung Cancer.
15. Prevention Guideline Division Update
Dr. Grimsrud provided an update regarding the work of PHAC’s Prevention Guidelines Division. She covered staffing issues, the progress of the ERSC sub-agreement with McMaster and the Memorandum of Agreement with the province of Nova Scotia. She also reported the CTFPHC will have access to the USPSTF evidence reports by February 23
16. Patient Preferences Update (Lung)
17. Update on the remaining guidelines (Lung, Cognitive, Developmental Delay)
18. E-Health Working Group Update
19. Long Term Post-Release Response to Task Force Guidelines
20. AAA Working Group Update
21. Tobacco Working Group Update of USPSTF Review
22. Next Steps and Adjournment
The next meeting will be held on June 1 – 2, 2015 in Toronto